Helping Our World
- Buildings and Grounds
Establishes priorities and facilitates maintenance, repairs and improvements to the premises of WHUUF by coordinating the efforts of volunteers, including members, friends and other building users. The committee also prioritizes spending, plans work parties and other special projects.
- Green Sanctuary
Encourages positive changes in personal lifestyle choices and in the conduct of operations with WHUUF facilities and grounds. Implements the UUA sponsored Green Sanctuary Program by: 1) building awareness of environmental issues among WHUUF members and friends, 2) encouraging positive changes to personal lifestyles, and to the conduct of operations within WHUUF facilities and grounds, and 3) accomplishing the five steps, prescribed by the UU Ministry For Earth, leading to WHUUF accreditation as a Green Sanctuary.
- Brings important social and political issues to the attention of the Fellowship as a whole while providing educational resources to allow our members and friends to be well informed.
- Provides committed leadership to inspire others to be a compelling force for positive change in our communities and the world at large.
- Provides opportunities for members of the Fellowship to take real substantive action in accordance with our UU principles and values, and to outreach to others in the community to strengthen and build relationships and address social needs and concerns.
- Read more about Social Justice here.
- WHUUF Supports the Multnomah Village Neighborhood House
- Every Sunday, members can drop off food in our Lobby. Volunteers deliver to these contributions every week. We'll post the 2013 number of pounds contributed at year-end.
The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC) is a nonsectarian organization that advances human rights and social justice in the United States and around the world. We envision a world free from oppression and injustice, where all can realize their full human rights. For more information visit the UUSC web site.